Navigation

Friday, July 23, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday!


--1--
The big news...I am a SAHM now! Prior to having Claire I wasn't sure what I wanted to do (And one day I will get the story of her birth all written down). However, the one thing that surprised both of us was the moment they put her on my chest I said, "I am never going back to work". I kinda surprised the doctors and nurses in the room... not the normal thing they hear... and I also surprised myself. But after the 12 weeks were up... I knew, that was what I wanted to do and I needed to talk with my boss. So today I officially told the rest of the staff, I am a SAHM now.

--2--
For the first time in 3 months George and I have NOTHING TO DO THIS WEEKEND! We have been on the go since April - trips to Ohio, New Mexico, Maryland, PA, NJ, CO... the list goes on. But tomorrow we get to just be at HOME!

--3--
What do you do for your marriage to keep it strong? Are you part of a couples group? Do a bible study together? Focus on evening prayer... looking for suggestions and just curious what everyone else out there does. George and I are part of a couples group and we are not so sure everyone is gonna stay with it. So we are considering additional options. So, what do you and your spouse do to have a more prayerful marriage?

--4--
Tour de France - after its over, we are pulling the plug on cable. Who is gonna let us come over and watch college football?

--5--
This is where we are going in Feb for vacation. I have a ton of school work to get done before then.. BUT I AM NOT TAKING SCHOOL BOOKS WITH ME TO MEXICO, say it with me, "Nicole will finish in December!"

http://www.laspalmashuatulco.com/galleries/house_of_raising/index.html#/4 


--6--
I took the My.ers Briggs personality test in class last weekend. Really didnt tell me anything I didnt already know. (LOL) However, if you are at all like me... a list maker, check out this blog - its heaven!

http://penelopeloveslists.com/

--7--
I ask for your prayers for George's grandfather. He seems to be having some issues and it might be serious. Please pray for the doctors and his health.

Until the next time, have a great weekend. And dont forget to check out Jen's Blog at Conversion Diary.

5 comments:

WheelbarrowRider said...

I am so happy for you that you are stay at home now! Awesome! And I am right there with you-I WILL be done in December. I will be! lol I am happy you get to rest and not be on the go this weekend, so draining. Dh and I are in a small faith group that meets biweekly so sounds like what you already do. We need to pray more together in the evenings and have been wanting to do a retreat or marriage encounter, but it doesn't look likely before #2 is due in Nov. I love hearing how you shocked the nurses and doctors with that comment. I shocked mine too. I said his name and then said I guess we are saving the girl's name for #2 and they said no one ever mentions #2 while they are minutes done delivering #1. Oh well, I am not the norm! :)

mrsblondies said...

Congratulations on being a SAHM! DH and I need to do something like a small faith group but he's just not ready yet.

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Congrats!! How very, very exciting!

With regards to staying prayerful in marriage-we attend a weekly adoration hour together. I love it!

Melissa said...

That is big news! Despite the ups and down of being a SAHM, I've never regretted it and I'm certain that when I'm old and I look back on my life I'll be even more grateful for that decision.

Keeping marriage strong does take extra effort when there are children. My advice would be to find a good babysitter (or rotate with friends) and be sure to get alone time once a week.

One of my friends married a guy who had been divorced. Because of his negative first experience with marriage they go the extra mile to ensure their marriage is strong. They set aside one hour of everyday and devote it to each other, no TV, internet, laundry or phones. They sit and talk, cuddle and just communicate. It's not an appealing thought for those of us who like to multi-task, but it's been very effective.

Amy said...

Ever since my DD was 2 weeks old, we've had it a habit to try to take a date night every other week. We found friends that wanted to do the same, so we switch off and on each week - one week they go out and we watch their kids and then the next week we go out and they watch ours. The best thing you can do for your daughter is maintain your relationship! It will instill love & security in her. It will also help her with stranger anxiety.