Navigation

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Doctor #2

From the beginning I started tracking when the pain would come on, how much it would hurt and what would make me feel better. I was living and traveling with a heating pad, I would take painkillers when needed and I was watching what I ate. The only thing I could figure out was that the pain was related directly to my menstrual cycle. As I pinpoint ovulation, without failure the pains would start 4 days later.

A few more months went by and the pain continued. I made an appointment with my primary care doctor. She examined me and said, “It’s probably an issue with your bowels; let’s start you on some IBS medicine.” In my line of work, I am not allowed to go into my boss’s office and say, “This will probably work, let’s spend $10,000 on this ad campaign.” I need to have some reasons, projections…maybe a plan of action. Here I was in her office for 15mins and this was her solution, to just give me drugs and say this would probably work… nope, not good enough for me.

No comments: